Herbed Tomato & Onion Omelette – Dairy free (or not).
You can cook Herbed Tomato & Onion Omelette – Dairy free (or not) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Herbed Tomato & Onion Omelette – Dairy free (or not)
- Prepare 2 of (if small) eggs, whisked.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Soy milk (option w/dairy, whatever milk you like).
- You need Dash of nutmeg powder.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Cooking oil.
- It’s 1 of small red onion, diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of diced bell pepper or capsicum.
- It’s 1 of tomato, sliced.
- Prepare Dash of dried mixed herbs (can be Italian mix).
- Prepare to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s to taste of Butter (optional or use non dairy).
- It’s of Shavings of mozzarella (optional! If w/dairy, whatever cheese you like).
Herbed Tomato & Onion Omelette – Dairy free (or not) instructions
- Crack egg/s in bowl, add dash of nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk slightly. Add milk of choice. Whisk until frothy on top. Set aside..
- In hot oil of choice (use 1/4-1/2 of Tbsp), sauté onions and capsicum til onions are transparent..
- Slice tomato in half and squeeze juice on pan. Slice in desired size and add to the pan. (Optional for w/dairy: add your butter, to taste) Sprinkle dried mixed herbs, salt and pepper, according to your liking. Mix well. Remove from pan after 2 mins in low heat and set aside..
- Whisk egg mix again. In same pan, add remaining oil, tip side to side and watch oil run through all surfaces of the pan. Using the same pan attaches the flavor to the egg mix. Heat 1 minute in low setting..
- Add egg mixture to hot pan. Tip from side to side to spread to your desired diameter. Leave alone while in low heat..
- You'll see upper side of egg change from liquidy to creamy looking. Add your tomato filling by this time. Middle or half of the circle, your choice, which is easier to fold. (Optional for w/dairy: top with cheese of choice) With a spatula start loosening the edges because you will be folding your omelette soon..
- Once loose, fold egg mix to cover your filling. Half moon or like pigs in a blanket, your choice . Remove from heat. And serve. I like inner part of egg mix still creamy, if this is not your taste, let it stay longer on pan. Careful not to burn, so flip to other side..