ASHOURA (An Egyptian Dessert).
Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, ashoura (an egyptian dessert). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
ASHOURA (An Egyptian Dessert) is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. ASHOURA (An Egyptian Dessert) is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have ashoura (an egyptian dessert) using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make ASHOURA (An Egyptian Dessert):
- Make ready 250 gm of whole wheat grains.
- Prepare 250 ml of whipping cream.
- Make ready 1000 ml of full fat milk, preferably tetra pack.
- Take 1 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Get 4 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of rose water.
- Get 1/3 cup of golden raisins, seedless.
- Make ready 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 4 cups+ 3 cups of water.
- Make ready of for garnishing.
- Make ready as needed of freshly grated coconut.
- Prepare as needed of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare as needed of pistachios.
- Take as needed of toasted almond slivers.
Instructions to make ASHOURA (An Egyptian Dessert):
- Wash and soak whole wheat overnight in 4 cups of water. Drain the water next morning..
- In a pot add the drained wheat along with 3 cups of warm water. Cover and let cook on simmer till the wheat grains are cooked through. Let cool. Do not drain The water..
- In a blender puree I cup of the boiled wheat using the water(as required) it was boiled in.Add he pureed wheat back into the remaining wheat..
- Combine milk, sugar, rose water,vanilla extract,raisins and cornstrach making sure there are no lumps.Add to the wheat and cook,stirring occasionally, until the consistency thickens..
- Pour into individual serving bowls or one big dessert bowl. Let cool completely.Garnish with grated coconut, cinnamon powder, pistachios and toasted almond slivers before serving..
- Can be served warm or cold..
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food ashoura (an egyptian dessert) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!