Open-faced meat pies – lahem bi ajeen. Lahm bi Ajeen is a Middle-Eastern meat pie with a punch of flavor. A thin crispy dough topped witha delicious meat mixture, they are hard to resist! Another popular version known as "sfiha" in Arabic, is an open-faced meat pie with the sides pinched up on all four corners.
The dough is basically like a pizza dough and they are either served open face like a mini pizza or sometimes the meat is wrapped. Take a walk on virtually any street in Lebanese cities, you will run into a recurring theme, a ubiquitous "delicacy" store that is on almost every corner, but it's not Starbucks! Lahm bi ajeen (also transliterated as laham b'ajeen or called lahmajun or lahmajoun) is usually described as Middle Eastern meat pizza, but there are some ways that the comparison doesn't begin to do justice to lahm bi ajeen's unique flavor. You can have Open-faced meat pies – lahem bi ajeen using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Open-faced meat pies – lahem bi ajeen
- It’s of – For the dough:.
- Prepare 8 cups of flour.
- You need 2 tablespoons of dried yeast dissolved in ½ cup warm water.
- You need 3 1/2 cups of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare of – For the meat mixture:.
- You need 1 kg of finely ground beef.
- It’s 1 kg of onions, finely chopped.
- You need 2 kg of tomatoes, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, finely chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of hot red pepper powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of pomegranate syrup, if available.
Sure, each dish is thinly rolled dough baked with toppings. This traditional open-faced pizza-like meat pie tastes better using ground mutton or even lamb meat. Lahm bi ajeen is usually described as Middle Eastern meat pizza, but there are some ways that the comparison doesn't begin to do justice to lahm bi Once the oven has preheated, use a quick motion to move the pie from the pizza peel onto the pizza stone. Of course, different resturants or Chefs might decide to have Fatayer shapes with meat or Spinach or cheese and so on for Sambousek/Burek.etc.
Open-faced meat pies – lahem bi ajeen step by step
- Mix well all the dough ingredients together, except the vegetable oil..
- Add in the oil gradually while mixing the ingredients by hand. Continue kneading until you get a firm dough. Don't hesitate to add some more water if needed..
- Cover the dough with a kitchen cloth and leave it to rest for about 2 hr 30 min in a warm place until it rises and doubles in size..
- Knead the dough again after dipping your hands in flour, and divide it into balls the size of a golf ball. Leave it to rest for 30 more minutes..
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough balls in a round shape, about 12 cm diameter and 1 mm thickness..
- To prepare the meat mixture: put all the ingredients together and mix well..
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the mixture on the surface of each dough piece..
- Slightly grease two oven trays with olive oil and place the lahem bi ajeen on them. Bake in the oven at medium heat for about 20 min or until the bottom of the dough turn lightly brown and the meat is well cooked..
- Serve warm with plain yogurt or with laban ayran, a salty yogurt drink..
- Note: You can find the recipe of 'Salty yogurt drink' in my profile.
Lebanese Meat Pies Traditional Lebanese meat pies on a blue table. Homemade Lebanese Meat Pies – Sfiha Meat esfiha sfiha of Arab origin traditionally adapted for the Brazilian cuisine on plate on rustic wooden table. Similar Royalty-free Images: Beef�Sfiha Lebanese mini pizzas topped with ground beef, onions, Arab mini pizza with minced meat, tomatoes, onions, spices and p. Lahm bi ajin meat pies are ready when the crust on the edges is golden. By any chance would you happen to know an approximate caloric value for these?