Oven baked fish with chili – samkeh harra. This is a specialty dish where a lightly lemon-marinated fish is baked, then covered with a Today his place is called "Malak El Samkeh Harrah" which means the King of Spicy Fish and I. Rub with a little olive oil and season with salt. Baked Fish with Tahini Sauce and Toasted Pine Nuts.
Mom used to make it on special occasions when we had people over for dinner so it was a treat for us… We've tried eating Samkeh Harrah out in different. Pour the sauce over the fish dabbing it with a spatula, leaving the head intact. Garnish with parsley or cilantro leaves, pomegranate seeds, toasted pine nuts or walnuts and an olive to modestly cover the eye of the fish. You can have Oven baked fish with chili – samkeh harra using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven baked fish with chili – samkeh harra
- It’s 2 kg of Hamour fish, cleaned.
- It’s 4 of tomatoes, cut in round slices.
- Prepare 2 of green peppers, cut in rounds.
- You need 3 of onions, cut in round slices.
- It’s 3 of lemons, peeled and cut in round slices.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of For the stuffing:.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh coriander, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of green hot peppers, cut in halves with seeds removed.
- It’s 1 of red hot pepper, cut in half with seeds removed.
- It’s 20 cloves of garlic, peeled.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
The book has the Beirut style of samkeh harra. The fish is fried instead of baked. Samkeh Harra is quintessential Lebansese cuisine: a bright, lemony fish preparation with a healthy dose of garlic, sesame, and spice. Here, Petrale sole gets the Samkeh Harra ("hot fish") treatment.
Oven baked fish with chili – samkeh harra instructions
- Pre-heat the oven on high heat..
- To prepare the stuffing: put all the ingredients together in a food processor and blend until you obtain a homogeneous mixture..
- Using a knife, make 3 cuts on both sides of the fish. Fill in the cuts with the stuffing. With the remaining stuffing, rub the whole fish..
- In an oven tray, pour the vegetable oil and place the fish..
- Put the tray in the oven and bake the fish for 20 min. Remove the tray from the oven, spread the tomato, pepper, onion and lemon slices over the fish randomly..
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil and put it back in the oven for about 1 hr until it is well cooked..
- Place the fish in a serving dish and decorate it with the grilled sliced vegetables..
- Serve hot with pita bread..
It's seasoned with cumin and chili powder, then baked and served with a tahini-tomato sauce. Samke Harra is one awsome dish, Basically it is baked whole fish (sometimes lighlty fried first), stuffed with a There are two versions of Samkeh Harra which are equally nice. Place fish fillets on a baking sheet that has been coated with a nonstick cooking spray. There are lots of baked fish recipes out there, but this oven-fried version is hands-down our favorite. It would also taste great served on a bun with tartar sauce and a slice.