Spicy Apple BBQ Sauce.
You can have Spicy Apple BBQ Sauce using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Apple BBQ Sauce
- It’s 3 cups of homemade applesauce.
- You need 1 (12 oz) of bottle hard apple cider.
- Prepare 3 cups of ketchup.
- It’s 5 oz of Heinz 57 sauce (a small bottle).
- You need 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of molasses.
- You need 1/8 tsp of liquid smoke.
- You need 1 tbsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dehydrated onion.
- Prepare 1 of shallot finely chopped.
Spicy Apple BBQ Sauce instructions
- In a large pot heat up a little oil and cook until translucent..
- Add all the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil..
- Reduce the heat and simmer. Let go about an hour or so to cook down and get to the consistency of bbq sauce..
- Hit with an immersion blender until smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender or had yours recently die making soup like mine let cool and ladle into a food processor and blitz it in batches..
- Instantly add some to crockpot to slow cook some pork loin for some amazing sandwiches. Or add to anything that needs bbq sauce or cool and store away for another day..