Half-moon shaped meat turnovers – sambousek bi lahmeh. Sambousek Lahmeh means sambousek filled with ground meat. You can do circles, triangles, squares, or crescents. Roll out each half into a thin sheet, turning the sheet over a few times and dusting it each time with a little flour.
Fully automatic machine for making dumpling home for hotels, restaurants, groups canteen processing, kindergarten, frozen dumpling production,canteens, schools, troops. All kinds of meat, meat stuffing, mixed with vegetable stuffing and other kinds of the dumplings, can be used for steaming, boiling. Fold in half and pinch the dough together. You can have Half-moon shaped meat turnovers – sambousek bi lahmeh using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Half-moon shaped meat turnovers – sambousek bi lahmeh
- It’s of – For the dough:.
- It’s 3 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of dried yeast dissolved in 2 tablespoons of warm water.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of warm milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of – For the filling:.
- You need 500 g of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pine nuts.
- You need 2 of medium onions, grated.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 4 cups of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of For frying:.
This deep fried half-moon-shaped meat turnover with an odd name sometimes spelled Chiburekki, a large pot sticker of sorts, is popular in the Put about two heaping tablespoons of the minced meat filling on top of each dough circle, off center, and then fold the circle in half making the edges meet. Mushroom Turnovers are half moon shaped pastries, made with a cream cheese dough. I like that this pastry uses just three ingredients (cream cheese, butter, and flour), and it's quite elastic which makes it easy to roll out. I also like its tangy flavor and how its texture is so wonderfully tender and flaky.
Half-moon shaped meat turnovers – sambousek bi lahmeh step by step
- To prepare the dough: mix all the ingredients together, except the water. Gradually pour in the warm water while kneading the ingredients until the dough becomes firm. If needed, add more water. Leave to rest until the filling is ready..
- To prepare the filling: heat the vegetable oil in a pan. Add the ground beef, onions and pine nuts and season with salt and black pepper. Stir from time to time until the meat changes in color then remove from heat. Add the chopped parsley to the meat mixture, and the filling is ready..
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough using a rolling pin. Cut the dough into 8 cm diameter circles using a circular pastry cutter..
- Top each circle with 2 teaspoons of filling, fold in half to cover the stuffing and press edges together to seal. Crimp the edges with your fingers by making tight overlapping folds to give the sambousek its traditional shape..
- In a saucepan, heat the 4 cups vegetable oil and deep fry the sambousek in batches until golden from both sides..
- Remove and drain on a kitchen absorbent paper..
- Serve hot or at room temperature..
Seal the pies by folding into half moon shapes and pressing the edges with a fork (hopefully the I have had Lahm bi Ajeen served as an open-faced pie – we called it Lebanese pizza. However the term sambousek is only used to refer to the turnovers or the triangular shaped spinach pies. Traditionally, Sambousek is usually shaped like a half moon, however, I've seen them shaped as triangles as well and other shapes. I like to shape them into egg rolls because in my opinion, it's just easier and quicker. These Sambousek egg rolls will make a great appetizer for game day!