Steamed spicy eggplant (brinjal). Eggplant cubes are browned, then simmered with onions in a sauce fragrant with Indian spices. All Reviews for Exotic Brinjal (Spicy Eggplant). This is a quick and easy Chinese Eggplant recipe with a spicy garlic sauce that's so addictive.
As we all know Eggplant is like a sponge. I used them in this steamed Chinese eggplant recipe. Now that that's out of the way, the rest of this dish is a walk in the park! You can have Steamed spicy eggplant (brinjal) using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steamed spicy eggplant (brinjal)
- Prepare 2 of large eggplants / brinjals.
- You need 1.5 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 0.5 tsp of salt.
- It’s 0.5 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili flakes / red pepper.
- You need 1.5 tsp of sesame seed oil.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic. Minced really, really finely.
- Prepare 1 stalk of green onion / scallions (chopped).
Ma Po Eggplant in Garlic Sauce Recipe – Spicy, stir-fried pork with ginger and garlic is a deliciously piquant foil for silky broiled eggplant. JP: Malaysian Cuisine – Sambal Eggplant (Aubergine/Brinjal): You can use any eggplant/aubergine/brinjal available in your market, but ultimately, timing matters. Sambal Eggplant – Aubergine or Brinjal with Malaysian sambal. This eggplant recipe is spicy and so delicious.
Steamed spicy eggplant (brinjal) instructions
- Heat up a pot of water and steam eggplants until soft but not mushy. Use fork to see if you can easily poke through. Approx 10 mins.
- Remove eggplants and cool.
- Mix sauces, garlic and scallions in a bowl.
- Toss eggplant into mixture.
- Serve up!.
According to Wikipedia, eggplant is probably the most common name and it's used in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada. What is Eggplant Eggplant is a small, round, purple member of the nightshade family. The small, mostly white varieties that were initially cultivated resembled a hen's or goose's egg, which. The microwave steaming method works best with slim Asian style eggplants, but you can use the big Western style ones too – just cut them The eggplants are peeled because the skins turn rather dark and grey-looking when steamed like this. The peel can be used in another dish if you want to be frugal.