shrimp and grits with chorizo cream sauce. Shrimp and Grits in Pancetta Cream SauceMarilyn's Treats. Shrimp and Grits with Andouille Cream Sauce #SundaySupperSoulfully Made. Spoon grits onto plate and top with Shrimp and Andouille Cream Sauce.
Grits have a subtle corn flavor and tend to have a neutral taste, which makes them a wonderful base. Try this tasty Shrimp with Chorizo Sauce recipe from Yummy.ph. Add smoky flavors to this shrimp dish by adding longganisa and chorizo! You can cook shrimp and grits with chorizo cream sauce using 28 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of shrimp and grits with chorizo cream sauce
- You need of grit cake.
- You need 2 cup of grits.
- Prepare 4 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 cup of smoked gouda.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s of spice mix for cream sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of smoked paparika/sweet.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tsp of dry thyme.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare of chorizo cream suace/ per serving.
- You need 4 of shrimp.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of spice mix.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of minced chorizo.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced shallot.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked jalapeno.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red bell pepper.
- You need 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
How to make Shrimp with Chorizo Sauce. Add oil and butter. when oil is hot and butter has melted, add skinless longganisa and. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in grits; sprinkle with salt.
shrimp and grits with chorizo cream sauce instructions
- grit cake bring broth, cream, salt, pepper(to taste) and garlic to a boil then bring to a simmer.
- pour in grits and stir till they start to thicken then add shredded gouda once finished, pour into baking dish and place in the cooler for 30 min.
- once cool, use a ring mold to cut "cakes" out then dust with corn starch and fry till golden brown (will be crunchy on outside and creamy inside).
- shrimp and chorizo cream sauce in a pan place butter,shrimp,shallot,chorizo,jalapeno,bell pepper, saute till shrimp are about half way cooked.
- add spice mix, mix well then add cream reduce till sauce thickens.
- plating place grit cake in center put one shrimp on each side of cake then pour sauce over everything. garnish with scallion and more shredded gouda.
Shrimp and Grits is a classic Southern dish that's quick and easy enough for a busy weeknight meal. I share two different ways you can make the grits. Bring water to a boil in a saucepan, then add the grits and salt. Garlic Butter Shrimp is tasty, spicy, and delicious. It makes a great appetizer before dinner or to serve at a party, but but can also be the perfect main dish!