Broccoli Cheese Gratin for a Crowd.
You can cook Broccoli Cheese Gratin for a Crowd using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Gratin for a Crowd
- You need 4 lbs of fresh broccoli – cut to bite size florets.
- You need 1/2 cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 6 tbs of unsalted butter – softened, divided.
- Prepare 2 tbs of flour.
- It’s 2 cups of milk (anything but skim).
- Prepare 4 oz of full fat cream cheese – softened, cubed.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of triple cheddar blend shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of cayenne.
Broccoli Cheese Gratin for a Crowd step by step
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9×13 baking dish with 1 tbs of the butter. Set aside..
- Place a steamer basket in a large pot filled with just enough water to almost touch the bottom of the basket. Add broccoli and steam until crisp tender. About 8 minutes. (Note on the broccoli, I do not use the big, stalks parts of the stems).
- When broccoli is finished. Remove lid and carefully transfer broccoli to casserole dish, spread out evenly. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper..
- While broccoli steams, you can begin the sauce. Melt 4 tbs butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour. Cook for 1 minute, wisking constantly..
- Wisk in milk. Cook until sauce begins to bubble and thicken. About 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add a small pinch of cayenne and remaining pepper. Stir in cream cheese until melted..
- Stir in shredded cheese until sauce is smooth. Taste for seasoning adding up to remaining 1/2 tsp salt if desired. Pour in an even layer over broccoli in dish..
- Melt remaining 1 tbs butter in microwave for 20-30 seconds. Stir into bread crumbs. Sprinkle mixture evenly over cheese. Bake uncovered until topping is golden brown. About 10-15 minutes. Dish up hot. Enjoy!.