Braised eggplant and tofu in Claypot 鱼香茄子煲?#veggies#. Eggplant Tofu Claypot is a common veggie dish in Chinese restaurant that goes well with rice or any entree. The reason of using a claypot is to preserve the. Eggplant is virtually tasteless and not easy to cook.
Stewed Eggplant with Minced Pork and Salted Fish in Claypot 渔香茄子煲. Get the recipe for Eggplant and Tofu Stir-Fry. Chinese eggplant recipe-Szechuan eggplants(Yu Xiang Eggplant) is often listed as Chinese eggplant in hot garlic sauce. You can have Braised eggplant and tofu in Claypot 鱼香茄子煲?#veggies# using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Braised eggplant and tofu in Claypot 鱼香茄子煲?#veggies#
- It’s 3 of Chinese long eggplants, cut into 1 inch sticks.
- Prepare 1/2 pack of extra firm tofu, sliced.
- You need 1 of potato, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of Mushroom, sliced (optional).
- It’s 3 of baby sweet bell peppers, sliced into thin strips.
- It’s 1 cup of cilantro.
- You need 1/2 cup of Basil.
- Prepare 3 stalks of green Onion.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of tamari.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Pixian fermented bean paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of toasted sesame oil.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 2 tsp of galangal, minced(optional).
One of the representatives of Sichuan cuisine is Sichuan eggplant, or Yu Xiang Qie Zi(鱼香茄子in Chinese). "鱼香" actually means Fish-Fragrant, is a kind of flavor which is. Sichuan eggplant stir fry, or yú xiāng eggplant (鱼香茄子), is one of those under-appreciated real-deal Sichuan dishes that deserves more attention. Braising eggplant until just soft and thoroughly flavored is not a common technique in Western-style cooking routines. Sapo tahu (claypot egg tofu) is one of the popular Indonesian Chinese food I grew up with.
Braised eggplant and tofu in Claypot 鱼香茄子煲?#veggies# step by step
- Cut eggplant into 1 inch sticks and soak them in salt water. (It reduces the oil required for sauté).
- While eggplant is soaking. Pan fry extra firm tofu in a flat pan. If you struggling with the sticky issue, nonstick pan can be used for this job. Seal tofu until golden brown..
- In a cast iron wok, sauté garlic, bell peppers and galangal in oil until aromatic. Add pan seared tofu and squeeze dried eggplant. Sauté on medium heat..
- Mix tamari sauce and Pixian fermented bean paste in 1 cup of hot water. Pour into the wok. Stir until the sauce well coated everything and allow it to cook on high heat to reduce liquid. If eggplant is not soft and not tranlucent add more hot water if needed..
- On a Clay pot, heat up 2 tsp sesame oil and sliced green Onion sauté until aromatic..
- Transfer all veggies into the Clay pot and bring it to a boil again. Add finishing herbs, Basil and cilantro right before serving. Serve in the Clay pot..
Sapo tahu has several varieties in Indonesia such as it can be made with chicken, vegetables, or seafood, but one thing in common is that all varieties usually use Japanese egg tofu in it. What's more, this Hunan Steamed Eggplant is completely vegetarian/vegan! When testing this recipe, Judy and I enjoyed this steamed eggplant over lots of white rice, and it makes for a pretty satisfying one plate dinner. I remember the first time we had this Hunan Steamed Eggplant. You may use any seasonal vegetables available at your market.