Mini Rose Apple Pies.
You can cook Mini Rose Apple Pies using 14 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mini Rose Apple Pies
- Prepare of Pie crust.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of AP flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 4 tbsp of + 1/4 tsp whole milk (or low-fat).
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla bean extract.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter.
- It’s of Apple Filling.
- You need 2 of medium-sized red apples.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
Mini Rose Apple Pies instructions
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. (400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Let’s make the crust. First, combine all the dry ingredients in a medium-size bowl and whisk together..
- Next, add in the 1/3 cup of butter and combine with your fingers until crumbly..
- In a small separate bowl, mix the milk and vanilla bean extract together..
- Slowly pour the milk mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients. Use your hands to form a ball of dough..
- Once there is no remaining flour in the bowl, take the dough out and wrap in Saran wrap and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes..
- Now let’s move on to the apple filling. First, peel your apples and then cut them into cheeks. (Cheeks are slices of the apple that are cut thinly.).
- Put the cheeks into a medium-sized bowl, then add the white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon; mix well with your hands..
- In a large pan, turn the heat on medium-low and add the 2 tbsp butter; let it melt. Once the butter has melted, add the apples and cook for 3 minutes, or until they are soft. Set aside in a bowl..
- Take the dough out of the fridge and cut in half..
- Roll out your dough and using a large circular cookie cutter, cut out your mini pie crust. (If you don’t have a large circular cookie cutter on hand, I actually use a glass cup to cut my dough out.) Roll out the mini pie crusts until you reach your desired thickness..
- Place the dough into a cupcake mold or tin that’s been lightly coated with olive oil spray, or greased with butter. If you are baking with a silicone cupcake mold, like I did, you don’t need to spray or grease it. Use a fork and prick the bottom of the crust 3 times. Bake for 15 minutes..
- After 15 minutes, take the crust out of the oven and add the apples. You can lay the apples down inside, filling the crust, or do a rose pattern, which is what I do to make it look more attractive..
- To make a rose pattern take a slice of apple and push against the side of the dough and begin doing a spiral until you’ve filled the pie crust with apples. Bake for another 10 minutes..
- Pair with whipped cream and caramel sauce, or with powdered sugar and vanilla ice cream!.