Teriyaki chicken. This Easy Teriyaki Chicken Recipe tastes better than takeout. Teriyaki Chicken is a quick and simple dinner. Teriyaki Chicken is the most popular chicken recipes in Japanese cuisine.
Teriyaki Chicken is loaded with mouthwatering sticky, savory and slightly sweet chicken. Although the name "Teriyaki" is relatively recent nomenclature, the practice of cooking meat and fish in a mixture of soy sauce and sugar has a long history going back. Teriyaki Chicken is a very popular Japanese dish and is so easy to make. You can have Teriyaki chicken using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Teriyaki chicken
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/4 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 5 tbsp of packed brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1/4 cup of cold water.
- It’s 3 of chicken breasts.
The sauce is just a mixture of soy sauce, sake, mirin and sugar. Just sauté the chicken and cook in the sauce (DO NOT marinate. Delish.com brings you the only chicken teriyaki recipe you will ever need: It's so much faster and We use chicken breasts here for ease, but you can substitute with any other type of protein: dark. How to make teriyaki chicken with skinless chicken breasts poached in homemade teriyaki sauce, served with toasted sesame seeds.
Teriyaki chicken step by step
- In a sauce pan pour water,soy sauce,ginger,garlic,sugar and honey and whisk together cook in medium heat.
- In a cup combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup of cold water and stir till it dissolves then pour into sauce pan and mix with a whisk it'll start to thicken.
- Cut up chicken into semi thin strips season with pepper and very little salt and pan fry in vegetable oil,when theyre almost fully cooked add half of the teriyaki sauce and let simmer. When done pour the rest.
- Serve over rice (I use jasmine) and a side if broccoli and enjoy!!.
This chicken teriyaki recipe would be perfect for weeknight dinners or meal prep. This slow cooker teriyaki chicken recipe always goes over big with my family. Moist and Juicy Chicken thigh glazed with a sweet and flavorful sauce!! Sear the chicken thighs evenly in a pan, then flip. Add the soy sauce and brown sugar, stirring and bringing to a boil.