Brown Sugar Asparagus.
You can cook Brown Sugar Asparagus using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brown Sugar Asparagus
- You need 2 lbs of fresh asparagus spears.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of firmly packed light brown sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
Brown Sugar Asparagus instructions
- Snap off the thick woody ends of the asparagus spears & discard. (An easy way to do this is to take an end in each hand & gently bend. It will snap in two where the woody portion ends). Set spears aside..
- Heat the butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Stir in brown sugar. Cook, stirring continually, until brown sugar dissolves..
- Add the asparagus to the brown sugar mixture. Turn to coat. Saute for 2 minutes..
- Add chicken broth to skillet. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 8-10 minutes..
- Transfer the asparagus with a slotted spoon to serving platter, reserving the pan juices in the skillet. Cover asparagus to keep warm..
- Cook reserved pan juices in skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until reduced by half. Drizzle over the asparagus. Serve immediately..