Auntie Mary's Cookies.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, auntie mary's cookies. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Auntie Mary's Cookies is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Auntie Mary's Cookies is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have auntie mary's cookies using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Auntie Mary's Cookies:
- Prepare of Dough.
- Get 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- Take 3 of egg yolks (slightly beaten).
- Take 2 tbs of fresh lemon juice.
- Make ready of Filling.
- Take 3 of egg whites (beaten stiff).
- Get 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Make ready 2 cups of ground pecans.
Instructions to make Auntie Mary's Cookies:
- Cut butter into flour with a pastry cutter until evenly mixed..
- Add remaining ingredients and mix lightly with fork until the flour is moistened..
- Gather dough together and press into a ball. Divide into 24 uniform pieces and roll each into a ball. Place in freezer until firm but not frozen..
- While in the freezer make the filling. Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add sugar. Fold in ground pecans..
- Pull out 6 balls out at a time of the freezer. Roll each piece on a flour surface into a circle about a 4-5" in diameter. * Pro tip – thinner the better..
- Add 2 Tbs of filling onto each cookie. Spread on center 1/3 and fold sides 1/3 towards the center. Place folded side down on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the cookies are done..
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food auntie mary's cookies recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!