Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast. Mississippi Pot Roast – The most delicious pot roast you will EVER eat! Made with just five simple ingredients and slow cooked in the crockpot, you Cooking a chuck roast over low heat in your crock pot yields incredibly tender results, and the other ingredients added to this roast give it incredible flavor! Mississippi pot roast is easy to make in the slow cooker with chuck roast, ranch dressing, au jus gravy mix, and pepperoncini peppers.
With so much amazing flavor, this Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast is a family favorite. With butter, ranch, au jus, pepperoncinis, slow cooked with a nicely marbled chuck roast, this is an absolutely delicious classic pot roast. You won't believe how unbelievably amazing this tastes! You can cook Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
- It’s 1 (3 lb) of chuck roast.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 packet of ranch dressing mix.
- Prepare 1 packet of onion soup mix.
- You need 1/2 cup of salted butter (1 stick).
- It’s 8 of peperoncini peppers.
Grab the FULL recipe and a FREE printable recipe. Crock-Pot Mississippi Roast is a simple way to make a marvelously moist and tender roast in your slow cooker. I have used this recipe on several different chuck roasts and have found even roasts that are a cheaper cut that tend to get a little bit dry when cooked come out moist and flavorful with this. This easy Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe will quickly become your favorite meal for the Crock Pot, Instant Pot, or the Oven!
Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast instructions
- Heat large skillet on high. Once heated add oil.
- Dry both sides of roasts with a paper towel and then season with salt and pepper.
- Sear 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer roast to crock pot.
- Sprinkle packets of ranch and onion soup mix over the top of the roast.
- Top with stick of butter then place peppers on and around the roast.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours. Once done take two forks and shred the meat. Serve with or on mashed potatoes.
- I use slow cooker liners for an easy clean up. They are wonderful! After your done you just tie it up and throw it away..
I first tried a version of these crock pot Mississippi pot roast sandwiches years ago when some friends had us over for dinner and made the pepperoncini beef sandwiches from Our Best Bites. I liked it so much that I started making it at home, but eventually discovered it was sort of a modified version. Place roast in the slow cooker and sprinkle with a little black pepper and a little seasoned salt. Sprinkle the top with the ranch dressing mix and the au jus mix. What Makes This Crock Pot Roast Different?