Chicken and Spinach Orzo.
You can cook Chicken and Spinach Orzo using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Spinach Orzo
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 3/4 cup of orzo pasta, uncooked.
- It’s 1 cup of unsalted chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each Italian seasoning, dried basil, salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded chicken.
- It’s 3 cups of spinach, roughly chopped.
- You need of Freshly grated parmesan cheese, for serving.
Chicken and Spinach Orzo step by step
- In a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat the oil over medium heat. Once its hot, add the onion. Cook, stirring often until it's translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Then stir in the garlic and cook another minute or so more, until it's fragrant. Increase the heat to med-high and add the orzo to the pan and let that toast a bit, stirring often..
- Stir in the broth, diced tomatoes, chicken and seasonings. Let it come up to a low boil. Once starting to boil, cover with a lid and reduce the heat to med-low. Let this simmer covered for 12-15 minutes, or until the liquid has absorbed, stirring often. In the last few minutes of cook time, stir in the chopped spinach. Then serve with some fresh parmesan on top..