Greek spinach pie. Spanakopita (Greek Spinach Pie). this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Delicious Greek spinach pie with golden, crispy phyllo crust. Recipe comes with tips, video, and Spanakopita is a delicious savory Greek pie made of perfectly crispy layers of phyllo dough and a.
This Greek Spinach Pie is a dinner recipe that my family absolutely loves! Watch the video showing you how to make Greek Spinach Pie, then scroll to the bottom of this post and print out the recipe so. Spanakopita, or a Greek Spinach Pie, is one of their most famous creations. You can cook Greek spinach pie using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek spinach pie
- Prepare 1 pack of filo (contain 7 sheets).
- It’s 450 gr of feta not very soft.
- You need 2 tbsp of greek thick yogurt.
- You need tbsp of parmesan grated.
- It’s 1 bunch of dill.
- You need 600 gr of spinach.
- Prepare 3 of diced leeks.
- Prepare 4 of fresh onions.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Oil for the filo.
Flaky and crispy phyllo dough layers and a creamy spinach & feta filling. Thaw the spinach overnight or in a colander under warm running water. Spanakopita can also be made with other greens, such as dandelion or chard, in place of spinach. Spanakopita (Greek spinach pie) is one of the most popular Greek dishes, that is known and loved around the world.
Greek spinach pie step by step
- Shimmer without oil the spinach and the leeks till get soft. We put them in a strainer to take all the water out..
- In a bowl we put the feta, parmesan, yogurt, dill, salt, pepper and eggs and we mix till the feta becomes crumbly..
- We pass in a fry pan the onions and we add some oil (1 tsp) the spinach and leeks. We cook them for 2 minutes in low heat. After we put them in strainer in order to cool down.
- When they will be in a good temperature (room temperature) we mix them with the cheeses and yogurt..
- We take the tray pan we put some oil at the bottom in order not to get sticky the filo. We put 3 filo sheets at the bottom (every filo sheets we put little oil so they get crunchy), we put the spinach filling and we spread in the tray evenly. Then we put one filo sheet above the filling, some oil and again some filing. After the second filling we put the 3 remaining filo sheets (and again in between sheets some oil)..
- In the preheated oven of 180 degrees in the air we put the tray for around 45 minutes. After 15 minutes take the tray and with a knife cut the first filo in a square design in order to allow even cooking for all filo sheets. Check with a fork after 30 minutes to see if its cooked. If your oven is strong then low the heat in order to cook till the base the pita. Enjoyyyyy !!!!.
A delicious phyllo pie recipe made with spinach and feta cheese, spanakopita is a classic Greek favorite that can be an appetizer, side dish, or meal. Spanakopita in Greek translates to spinach pie. Layers of flaky phyllo pastry hold a creamy spinach and feta filling. The cheese makes it creamy and the herbs add so much freshness. Vegan spanakopita is a dairy-free version of this classic Greek spinach pie.