Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup. Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup – One secret ingredient makes this the ultimate meatless matzo ball soup! Savory chicken flavor without the meat. Over the years I've made several attempts at homemade vegetarian matzo ball soup with varying degrees of success.
Sign up for our Nosher recipe newsletter! Our healing Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup delivers all the "ah" of its traditional cousin with precisely the right amount of goodness (and good-for-you-ness) thanks to a clever use of shiitake mushrooms, tomato paste, and a pot full of seasonal vegetables. Whether you add our healthy Matzo Ball Soup to. You can cook Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of matzo meal.
- Prepare 1/4 c of seltzer or club soda.
- You need 1 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 3 of medium carrots, peeled and sliced thin.
- You need 1 (32 oz) of carton + 1 14 oz can of Swanson's vegetable stock.
- You need 1 c of fresh parsley, chopped.
Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup En Español. Drop the balls one at a time into the boiling water. While matzo balls are simmering, make soup by adding all ingredients and bringing to a boil. When all matzo balls are formed and water is boiling, carefully drop each one into the boiling water.
Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup instructions
- Mix eggs well until pale in color. Add olive oil, mix well. Add matzo meal and mix lightly to incorporate. Add seltzer or club water and salt. Mix lightly until a firm dough forms..
- Refrigerate matzo ball dough for at least 30 minutes..
- Heat vegetable stock in a medium stock pot on med high. Add carrots and cook 10 minutes on a low boil..
- Form matzo ball mix in 2 inch balls with hands moistened with cold water. Drop in the stock and boil covered on med heat for 30 minutes. You should have 12 matzo balls. Check every 10 minutes and add water if stock evaporates. Add parsley 10 minutes before cooking is complete..
No-Chicken Matzo Ball Soup (Pareve, Passover). Over the years, I've tried my hand at creating a vegetarian matzo ball soup for Passover. Some attempts were so-so, some were pretty good, but I never really hit on one worth recording — until now, that is. Warm and cozy, Matzo Ball Soup always fills you with warm fuzzies. This version is easy, uncomplicated, and perfect for beginners.