Grilled eggplant puree and tahini – baba ghannouj. Char grill eggplants over a direct flame or roast in the oven until skin has blackened. Set aside in a bowl covered with plastic wrap until cool enough to In a food processor, blend warm eggplant, with cumin, garlic, salt, tahini and lemon juice until it is a smooth paste. To roast the eggplant, set each eggplant directly on the flame, grill, or grate. (If you're using the oven, set a tray on the rack under the eggplant to catch any drips.) Taste as you mix and adjust seasoning.
Blend in most of the lemon juice. Adjust flavor with lemon juice and remaining salt. To roast the eggplant, set each eggplant directly on the flame, grill, or grate. (If you're using the oven, set a tray on the rack under the eggplant to catch any drips.) Find your favorite mediterranean food at Baba Ghannouj. You can have Grilled eggplant puree and tahini – baba ghannouj using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled eggplant puree and tahini – baba ghannouj
- You need 2 of large eggplants.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of tahini, sesame paste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of – For garnishing:.
- You need 1 tablespoon of parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of pomegranate seeds, optional.
This Eggplant Dip (or Baba Ganoush) recipe with grilled eggplant is amazingly smooth and creamy with a delicious smoky flavor. Serve it alongside some fresh pita bread and vegetables for a delicious Mediterranean spread. Baba ghannouj is a Middle Eastern dip made from eggplant. The tahini adds creaminess and the garlic and lemon juice bring flavor and freshness.
Grilled eggplant puree and tahini – baba ghannouj instructions
- Cut the eggplants in half (lengthwise) and place on a broiler pan (cut side down)..
- Put under a broiler until the outside skin is charred black and the pulp inside soft. You can test for its readiness by inserting a knife or fork to see if it passes through easily..
- Once it is cooked you can easily peel off the skin. Discard the skin..
- Place the eggplant pulp in a bowl and let it cool for 1 hr in the refrigerator. After cooling, some water might sweat out of the eggplant pulp; discard the extra liquid before using..
- In a food processor, blend together the eggplant, crushed garlic, tahini, lemon juice and salt. Make sure to have the processor on slow mix..
- Adjust salt, lemon or tahini according to taste..
- Serve in a shallow dish with a drizzle of olive oil and pita bread..
- Garnish with chopped parsley or fresh pomegranate seeds..
Baba ghannouj is traditionally served with pita bread (toasted or fresh); however, many people enjoy it as a chip dip with potato chips or tortilla chips. Classic Baba Ganoush is made by roasting eggplants until soft, scooping out the insides, and mashing with tahini, garlic, and spices. The smoking taste of roasted Eggplant with tahini, is defiantly one of the most delicious and unique combination. Once you try this amazing 'salad', you are going to be addicted very quick. There are many ways to roaste the eggplant; the best is on a gas stove with cast iron grill pan, Other options.