Basundi/Rabdi (Milk dessert). Basundi is a very tasty Indian dessert recipe prepared with milk, Usually in Maharashtra it is served with soft puri in marriage or other functions. Enjoy this milk dessert, this festival season. Indian desserts popularly have a name for being decadently sweet, deliciously spiced and overall time-consuming.
Both differ in the texture and consistency. Traditionally basundi is made by simmering full fat milk for a long time until the milk reduces to almost half the original quantity. Then it is sweetened with sugar and flavored with. milk based desserts are a very popular recipe in india. but the milk basundi is hugely popular in gujarat, maharashtra and karnataka where it is served chilled with mixed nuts. moreover, it is also confused with the other popular milk-based dessert i.e rabdi or rabri recipe. but there is a slight.
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, basundi/rabdi (milk dessert). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Basundi is a very tasty Indian dessert recipe prepared with milk, Usually in Maharashtra it is served with soft puri in marriage or other functions. Enjoy this milk dessert, this festival season. Indian desserts popularly have a name for being decadently sweet, deliciously spiced and overall time-consuming.
Basundi/Rabdi (Milk dessert) is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Basundi/Rabdi (Milk dessert) is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook basundi/rabdi (milk dessert) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Basundi/Rabdi (Milk dessert):
- Get 1 litre of milk.
- Make ready 300 grams of sweetened condensed milk.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder.
- Get 1/2 cup of cashews cut in to small pieces.
- Get 1/2 cup of almonds cut in to small pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pistachios cut in to small pieces.
- Make ready 4-5 of saffron strands, soaked in lukewarm milk for 10-15 minutes.
- Take to taste of sugar.
Rabdi is reduced milk with sugar and flavours. It is therefore very rich, creamy, sweet and can be processed to have different textures as the chef decides. Basundi is also reduced high fat milk, boiled with sugar and some almond+cardamom flavouring. But is reduced only to about half.
Steps to make Basundi/Rabdi (Milk dessert):
- Add milk in a thick bottom pan, heat up and allow milk to boil in a low flame, stir the milk in between 3-4 minutes once.
- Then add sweetened condensed milk in to the milk and mix together, taste the milk if required more sweet either you can add 50 grams of condensed milk or sugar.
- Then milk starts to thicken, you will notice the milk solids in with creamy texture, keep on stirring the milk for 20-25 minutes.
- Then add cut cashews,almonds and pistachios (save some nuts for garnishing too) to the Basundi and let it boil for another 5 more minutes and simmer to a minute and turn off the flame and then add soaked saffron strands to it mix together.
- Basundi is ready to serve hot or chilled (as you like).
- If you like to serve chill then let the Basundi cools down completely, keep the Basundi in refrigerator for at least 30-45 minutes then serve chill.
Basundi is an Indian dessert made by thickening full fat milk and flavouring it with saffron, cardamom with the addition of dry fruits. The consistency is more fluid and flowing not thick like Rabri. Basundi is sweet thickened milk, flavored with cardamom and nutmeg, with the addition of dry fruits. This milk based delicious dessert is popular in the western part of India, specially in the states maharashtra and Gujarat. The consistency is not thick like that of Rabri, but more fluid and flowing.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food basundi/rabdi (milk dessert) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!