Grilled eggplant salad – salatet el raheb. This salad is named after a monk who will remain nameless; presumably he lived in one of the monasteries that pepper the Lebanese mountains and like all @Samir: Normally, I would have grilled the eggplant, but I roasted them out of laziness! Works both ways but grilling is better of course. Baked or grilled eggplant salad is very healthy and tasty.
A fresh and easy rahib salad: this is an Eastern roasted eggplant salad. And also a great alternative for the classic baba ganoush dip! Another treat to try out on my next summer garden party! You can cook Grilled eggplant salad – salatet el raheb using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled eggplant salad – salatet el raheb
- Prepare 2 of large eggplants, equivalent to 1.5 kg.
- You need 3 of large tomatoes, diced.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, diced.
- You need 1 cup of parsley, chopped.
- Prepare of – For the dressing:.
- It’s 8 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
Have you ever heard of a rahib salad or salatet el raheb before then? The Lebanese salad, made easily with Al Wadi pulp of grilled eggplant. To make the dressing, combine the lemon juice with the olive oil and salt. Pierce eggplants several times with a fork, and place on a baking sheet.
Grilled eggplant salad – salatet el raheb step by step
- Using a fork, prick eggplants all over..
- Grill the eggplants over the stove top or in the oven. Turn them over continuously to make sure they are grilled from all sides. When they become soft, remove them from heat..
- Peel the eggplants and place the pulp in a bowl..
- Mash the pulp with a fork then add the tomato, onion and parsley. Mix well..
- In a small bowl, mix the dressing ingredients together and pour it over the eggplant. Stir..
- Serve the eggplant salad cold with pita bread..
Yes you can make this salad and call it a meal. Keto salmon with pesto and spinach..mleh or fattouch bizaatar Artichoke salad (salatet ardi shawkeh) Batenjan el raheb Batenjan mtabbal Batenjan makli (fried eggplants). in coarse burgul) Rishta bil adass (pasta with lentils) Macaroni in kishek (pasta in kishek) Ammicheh (burgul in kishek with grilled onions) Saff (Burgul Vegetarian. Grilled eggplant slices topped with goat cheese and pine nuts are served on a bed of spinach and arugula with a homemade, chunky tomato sauce. Reviews for: Photos of Arugula Salad with Grilled Eggplant. This Mediterranean grilled eggplant salad with yogurt immediately caught our eye.