Pasta E Fagioli – Slow Cooker.
You can cook Pasta E Fagioli – Slow Cooker using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pasta E Fagioli – Slow Cooker
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb. of ground Italian sausage.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- You need 2 of large carrots, peeled and diced.
- You need 2 stalks of celery, diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 can (28 oz.) of unsalted crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 cups of unsalted beef broth.
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted cannellini beans, drained & rinsed.
- It’s 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted light red kidney beans, drained & rinsed.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp. of dried basil.
- It’s 3/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each dried oregano, pepper.
- You need 1 cup of ditalini pasta.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese + more for topping.
Pasta E Fagioli – Slow Cooker instructions
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Once it's hot, add the sausage and cook until its browned throughout, breaking it up as you go. Once its browned, place it on a towel lined plate to drain off some of the grease and set it aside..
- Grease your slow cooker, then add the sausage, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, rinsed beans, crushed tomatoes, broth and seasonings. Give it all a good stir, then pop the lid on and set the heat to low for 5-6 hours..
- Once the soup is ready to eat, heat a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the ditalini pasta according to package directions, then drain and stir it along with the 1/2 cup grated parmesan into the soup. Then taste the soup and add any additional seasonings you think it needs. That's it!.