Beer butt oven roasted dill lemon/lime chicken. A seasoned whole chicken is oven-roasted with a can of beer and lime for a succulent browned main dish. Once I heard of beer butt chicken, I had to find the perfect version of it and try it. After reviewing multiple recipes, I finally put together my own version of it.
Beer butt oven roasted dill lemon/lime chicken. That's what you get with beer can chicken (also known as beer butt chicken). Joking aside, this is a brilliant way to roast a chicken, on the grill or in the oven. You can have Beer butt oven roasted dill lemon/lime chicken using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beer butt oven roasted dill lemon/lime chicken
- You need 1 of 3-4 lb whole chicken.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of each of dried dill, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley and paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon or lime juice.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of can of your favorite beer or soda.
- You need 1 of whole lemon or lime.
Yes the chicken looks rather ridiculous on its beer can perch, covered with an herb rub and half-ready to. Fresh lemon and dill create a quick Greek-inspired pan sauce for simple sautéed chicken breasts. Make it a meal: Serve with roasted broccoli and Served with tri-color orzo with feta and fresh diced tomatoes and a side of roasted asparagus also with lemon zest. This recipe is a keeper and super.
Beer butt oven roasted dill lemon/lime chicken step by step
- Mix all ingredients except for the whole lemon/lime and chicken in small bowl. Taste first to see if it needs more salt or lemon/lime juice..
- Rinse chicken off in water and pat dry with paper towel..
- Open and drink half a can of your favorite beer or pop (root beer or coke works amazing too). Place chicken on can..
- Place beer canned chicken in a shallow baking dish and apply wet rub. Wedge half of the lemon or lime into the chickens neck. This will keep the chicken super moist while it bakes. Let marinade for 1 hour if possible..
- Put chicken in oven on middle rack and bake for 2 to 3 hours depending on size at 375°F. I use a cooking thermometer and bake chicken until reaches a temperature of 180°F. If the skin starts to brown too quickly. Place a piece of tin foil loosely over the top.
This came from How To Make An Oven-Roasted Beer can Chicken. I have not tried this, posting for Or add a combination of lemon juice, herbs and some water. Home » Recipes » Easy Healthy Dinners » Paleo » Oven Roasted Chicken with Lemon Garlic Butter. The other day I was looking through Bon Appetite Magazine and saw this big gorgeous picture of a whole chicken, perfectly browned, juicy and looking right at me! Prepare chicken: Clean out chicken cavity.