Eggs Benedict. Making Eggs Benedict requires careful orchestration. You have to have warm, crispy bacon, hot No wonder I rarely eat Eggs Benedict unless I'm eating out, my brain is scrambled enough as it is in the. Decadence is what makes eggs Benedict a star of the brunch table.
My boyfriend considers himself an "eggs benedict connoisseur" Although I've made Eggs Benedict before, I'd never used a recipe for the Hollandaise sauce- I just used an old method my mom used. Eggs Benedict is my favorite breakfast menu item, and it's super easy to make from home! It starts with a toasted english muffin, topped with a slice or two of Canadian bacon, a poached egg. You can cook Eggs Benedict using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggs Benedict
- Prepare 2 of English muffins split.
- It’s 4 slices of Canadian bacon.
- You need 4 of eggs for poaching.
- It’s of S & p.
- It’s of Chives for garnish.
- Prepare of Hollandaise sauce.
- It’s Dash of Cayenne pepper.
- It’s Dash of Paprika.
- Prepare 3 of egg yolks.
- It’s 1 tb of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter separated in half.
Eggs Benedict is a traditional breakfast dish composed of an English muffin topped with Canadian ham, poached eggs, and hollandaise sauce. It's the latter that gives Eggs Benny its reputation for. Choose from ham, smoked salmon, crabmeat. Perfectly Easy Eggs Benedict made with a foolproof vinegar free poaching method with luxurious hollandaise sauce and ham steaks on an English muffin.
Eggs Benedict instructions
- Sauce: In 1-quart saucepan, vigorously stir egg yolks and lemon juice and spices with wire whisk. Add 1/4 cup of the butter. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly with wire whisk, until butter is melted..
- Add remaining butter. Continue stirring vigorously until butter is melted and sauce is thickened. (Be sure butter melts slowly so eggs have time to cook and thicken sauce without curdling.) If the sauce curdles (mixture begins to separate and melted butter starts to appear around the edge of the pan and on top of the sauce), add about 1 tablespoon boiling water and beat vigorously with wire whisk or egg beater until smooth. Keep warm..
- Toast english muffins.
- Fry ham until lightly browned on both sides in a pan with some butter..
- Eggs: Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a small cup. Heat a pot to boiling reduce to simmering.Stir water to create tornado effect. (The spinning will helps wrap the white around the egg.) Gently slip eggs in 1at a time.Holding dish close to water’s surface.give a gentle stir to wrap eggs up.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until whites and yolks are firm, not runny (water should be gently simmering and not boiling). Remove with slotted spoon. Place on dish with paper towels..
- Assembly: buttered English muffin,next hsm, top with egg. Generously Drizzle but not soak the top with your sauce and sprinkle chives on top..
Eggs Benedict make any meal an elegant special occasion. This egg dish is specially great for Eggs la Benedict – Split and toast English muffins. Sautcircular pieces of cold boiled ham, place. Pair Eggs Benedict with a simple salad, wilted greens, or breakfast potatoes for a full course. Become a better chef with the MasterClass All-Access Pass.