Garlic Asparagus and Orzo. This Lemon Orzo with Asparagus is a simple, yet elegant dish that can be served as a This Lemon Orzo with Asparagus is an easy and healthy dish that I just simply love, it's so fresh and delicious. Salt and Pepper – To taste. Orzo is pasta that is shaped and looks like rice.
A buttery lemon parmesan garlic sauce coats orzo pasta and gives it such amazing flavor! It gets tossed with asparagus and makes one delicious meal! I love asparagus and love that it is in season right now. You can have Garlic Asparagus and Orzo using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Garlic Asparagus and Orzo
- Prepare 1 cup of dry orzo pasta.
- Prepare 1 of -pound fresh asparagus (tips only…2-3 inches from the top).
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1/4 of -cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of milk.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of fresh parsley.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to tastes.
- Prepare of Shredded Parmesan for garnish…optional.
You better believe that I buy that in bulk at Costco and can't get enough of it. Garlic Butter is the sauce of Gods. Just look at that layer of golden orzo and beautiful asparagus covered in said buttery amazingness… music to my tummy. How to prepare garlic butter asparagus pasta.
Garlic Asparagus and Orzo step by step
- Prepare orzo according to package directions.
- Add asparagus tips to the orzo during the last two minutes of cooking.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- While the orzo cooks, prepare the garlic butter sauce.
- Add butter to the skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Do not burn the garlic..
- Add the orzo and asparagus to the skillet; stir in cheese, milk, parsley, salt and pepper..
- Cook for one minute more, or until heated through..
Asparagus, snap peas, lots of dill, shallot, garlic and lemon. Set the orzo to cook and simple sauté the fresh ingredients. Once the orzo is done, combine with Asparagus. Add the fresh chopped dill and crumbled feta if you like. Serve warm right away, or chill and serve as a salad.