Roasted Rice Stuffed Chicken. Add bacon to onions and cook, stirring, until bacon and onions are browned. In a small skillet, saute celery in butter until crisp-tender. In a large bowl, combine the celery, rice, parsley, green onion, basil, sunflower kernels, salt and pepper.
Serve with gravy, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Heat a nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms, rice, onion and celery leaves in butter until onion is tender. You can cook Roasted Rice Stuffed Chicken using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Rice Stuffed Chicken
- You need 2 cup of Par cooked white rice (might need more depending on the size of your bird).
- You need 1 of Fryer chicken.
- Prepare of Seasoning salt.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Rosemary.
- Prepare 1 cup of White wine.
- It’s 1 cup of Butter plus extra.
- Prepare of Parsley.
Add water and seasonings; bring to a boil. Sprinkle the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper. Butter the outside of both chickens and sprinkle a little pepper on both. Stuff the rice mixture into both chickens.
Roasted Rice Stuffed Chicken step by step
- Take your bird out 30-45 minutes before starting to bring it to room temperature. Pat dry if needed before starting..
- Preheat oven to 425°F and position a rack in the middle of your oven..
- Season par cooked white rice with a bit of butter and all purpose seasoning..
- Empty your bird of innards if needed. Season your fryer with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Rosemary. Make sure you season well this includes all areas: wings, under wings, between the thighs and inside the cavity..
- Stuff your bird with your rice mixture..
- If you would like, truss your bird after stuffing it. Find a YouTube video to explain this that's what I did and it takes practice but it's worth it. This is optional however I have found trussing your bird makes for a very beautiful presentation..
- Place your bird in a baking dish, I like to stuff extra rice in after trussing it and placing it in the baking dish..
- Melt 1 cup butter with the white wine then add a sprinkle of parsley..
- Baste your bird with 1/3 of your wine mixture..
- Roast your bird in the oven for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 375°F. After 15 minutes baste with 1/3 more of your wine mixture. I give it another 30 minutes before a final basting with the remaining wine, continue roasting until juices run clear or when a meat thermometer in the inner thigh reaches 165F, about 50 minutes to an hour more after lowering to 375°F.
- Let your bird rest for 15-20 minutes once out of the oven before carving..
Cook rice following directions on package without the salt. Add to cooked rice; add seasonings. Stuff chicken with rice mixture and rub remaining butter on chicken. Spoon any remaining stuffing into small baking dish; cover and refrigerate until ready to bake. Serving up a delicious but easy meal is always a focus in my menu plan.