Asparagus Casserole. Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Add the grated Cheddar and cook.
The french-fried onions give this dish more texture and an additional flavor boost. Arrange reserved bacon in an even layer on top, followed by the sliced eggs, cracker crumbs and remaining bechamel. Put a layer of asparagus on bottom then add soup. You can cook Asparagus Casserole using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Asparagus Casserole
- You need 2 cans of whole asparagus Spears drained.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1 can (5 oz) of evaporated milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar.
- Prepare 6 oz of can of French's Crispy Fried Onions.
Next add mushrooms and half the cheese. Add second layer of asparagus and end with a layer of cheese. In this baked asparagus side dish recipe, we smother tender-crisp asparagus spears with a creamy cheese sauce and top the casserole with crispy panko breadcrumbs. Blanching the asparagus first in boiling water helps preserve its vibrant green color.
Asparagus Casserole instructions
- Place drained Spears in a casserole dish.
- Mix soup and evaporated milk.
- Layer 1/2 cheese on top of asparagus then 1/2 of soup mixture then remainder of cheese and soup mixture on top.
- Cook for 25 minutes uncovered at 350 degrees f.
- Pour onions on top and cook for 8 minutes or until brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!!.
Medium-thick asparagus spears work best for this recipe. If your asparagus spears are very thick, they may need a longer time in the oven. A creamy and rich Asparagus Casserole with fresh asparagus and a crunchy fried onion topping is the perfect spring casserole and would be a great addition to your Easter menu. In addition to fresh asparagus, this casserole has mushrooms, onion, sour cream, mayonnaise, and two kinds of cheese. This asparagus bake is an easy and impressive side dish.