You can cook Sandwich Rolls using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sandwich Rolls
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter melted.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of yeast.
- It’s As needed of oil for coating bowl and dough.
- You need 5 cups of all purpose flour for rolls.
- It’s 1 cup of water tap water hot.
- You need 1-1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour for dusting.
- You need 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need 2 tablespoons of water for egg wash.
- You need 1 of large egg for egg wash.
Sandwich Rolls instructions
- Add yeast to hot tap water. Add the butter, milk, salt, and sugar and whisk it good. Stir in the flour with the whisk. Keep adding flour. Knead till its completely mixed..
- Form a ball. Oil a heat safe bowl. Coat the dough ball with oil. Set in a warm place. We have a bread proofing setting on our stove. Let it rise for one hour or till it doubles in size. After an hour poke it with your hands..
- Knead 3-5 times. Let rest 5 minutes. I cut mine into 2 strips then made 5 cuts across..
- Separate the cuts my last cut pair was small so I combined them together giving me 9 portions. Form into ball and place on a baking pan with parchment paper. Let them sit covered with paper towels for 20 minutes..
- Mix the egg and water. Brush the egg wash over the rolls. Place in the oven for 16-20 minutes. Take off the hot pan and let cool. I hope you enjoy..