Baked Fettuccine with Meat Sauce and Tons-O-Mozzarella.
You can have Baked Fettuccine with Meat Sauce and Tons-O-Mozzarella using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Fettuccine with Meat Sauce and Tons-O-Mozzarella
- You need 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb. of ground meat (I chose turkey – you choose what you like).
- You need 2 of tsps garlic powder (or 2 large cloves garlic minced).
- You need 1 tsp of dried basil (if you prefer fresh, I’d recommend you use it to garnish at the end).
- You need 2 of tsps dried oregano (or 1 Tbsp fresh).
- It’s 2 of tsps dried thyme (or 1 Tbsp fresh).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 20 oz of (or 2.5 cups) marinara sauce (homemade or jarred – whatever makes you happy ?).
- You need 1 Tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 Tbsp of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of shredded low-moisture whole milk mozzarella (I really recommend shredding your own – but no judgement).
- It’s 1.5 lbs of fresh whole milk mozzarella – cut into 1” cubes (aw, yeeeeeeaah!).
- Prepare 10 oz of fresh fettuccine (or whatever pasta you like – it all tastes the same).
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese to taste (please use fresh and not from a can – Parmesano Reggiano will change your life).
- It’s of Fat to grease your 9×13 or 3 quart casserole dish (bacon fat is amazing – or butter / olive will work).
- It’s of Beverage of your choice.
Baked Fettuccine with Meat Sauce and Tons-O-Mozzarella instructions
- Heat the olive in a large fry pan. Add your ground meat, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, dried basil, salt and pepper. Brown meat and set aside..
- In a large sauce pan, heat marinara sauce, butter and cream on low heat. Add cooked meat and simmer on low for about 10 mins or so. Ooooooh, that’s niiiiiiicccee…….
- Wait, you need a refill ???. And to preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Cook pasta until just underdone. Drain and add to your meat sauce. Now toss and then sip ?.
- Put about half of the sauced pasta into your baking dish (for ribbon pasta, kitchen tongs really help). Top with 1 cup of the fresh mozzarella. Then add remaining sauced pasta and top with shredded mozzarella. Now top with remaining fresh mozzarella. Take a pic and celebrate – yeah, baby!!! Dinner is in work!!.
- Bake for about 30-45 mins. If the cheese is getting brown too quickly, remove from oven, loosely tent with foil and return to the oven..
- Once it’s ready (melted, browned cheese and everything is thoroughly heated through), remove from oven and let cool for about 10 mins (unless you’re into burning all of the skin off of the roof of your mouth)..
- Now, refill (?) and enjoy!!.