Morning Glory Carrot Muffins. These easy and tasty muffins are a glorious way to start any day. They combine the great taste and chewy texture of carrots with the wonderful flavors of Fantastic! I love the cafe bought Morning Glory muffins, and it was nice to finally be able to duplicate them at home!
These carrot-flecked, whole-grain morning glory muffins can be made ahead for breakfast or a snack so you can hit the ground running on a busy morning. Add a nonfat latte and your day will be off to a healthy start. Or make this coconut-carrot morning glory muffin recipe for a special brunch. You can have Morning Glory Carrot Muffins using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Morning Glory Carrot Muffins
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of honey or maple syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 of large eggs.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of shredded carrots (peeled).
- You need 1 1/4 cup of shredded apples (peeled).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded coconut.
Sugar free, whole wheat, and vegan carrot muffins with chia, sunflower, and pumpkin seeds for an energy packed and healthy morning glory inspired breakfast. I've got some nice vegan carrot muffins for you today, sweetened only with dates and filled with lots of chewy, high energy seeds. This is a good way to start your morning, get your day going, finish off the day, hey, this is just a good thing to eat any time. Because fresh carrots and pineapple require a lot of prep work, using the canned versions in this recipe saves you a ton of time, without sacrificing flavor, making these delicious homemade carrot muffins super easy.
Morning Glory Carrot Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray muffin pan (I used coconut oil but use whatever you have) makes about 16 muffins.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside..
- In a large bowl combine honey or maple syrup, coconut oil, applesauce, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Fold in apples and carrots. I shredded apples and carrots with a cheese grater..
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients making sure not to over mix. Fold in walnuts and shredded coconut..
- Divide batter among muffin tins filling each almost to the top. Bake in for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean..
- Let cool in pan for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..
- We frosted with cream cheese frosting, but totally isn’t necessary..
These are the best muffins I've ever eaten! Once I took them to a brunch. Three other women had brought muffins, too, but mine disappeared first, and everyone wanted the recipe. Even my husband, who doesn't normally like muffins, just can't seem to get enough of these. Morning glory muffins are made with a little bit of everything: whole wheat flour, carrots, apples, raisins, walnuts, orange juice, coconut and wheat germ.