Baked Lemon Chicken & Roasted Veggies. This baked lemon chicken is coated in a lemon herb and butter sauce. This baked lemon chicken recipe is perfectly juicy and tender, easy to make, and full of the BEST fresh lemony flavor. This easy lemon chicken recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner!
Lemon Pepper Chicken is an American favorite! It's super easy to make and only requires a handful of Try it with my Quick and Easy Skillet Lemon Chicken or my Easy Lemon Garlic Baked Tilapia. Baked Lemon Chicken is sure to be a new weeknight dinner staple. You can have Baked Lemon Chicken & Roasted Veggies using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Lemon Chicken & Roasted Veggies
- You need 4 of Chicken Quarters- thigh & leg w/ skin.
- Prepare 8 medium of Red Potatoes- quartered wedges.
- You need 1 lb of Carrots-peeled.
- You need 7 large of Lemons.
- Prepare 2 large of White Onions-quartered.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of Fresh Greenbeans.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive Oil- (with lemon).
- You need 3 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of Fresh Rosemary- chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Fresh Thyme-chopped & divided.
- You need 1 clove of Fresh Garlic-minced.
- It’s 3 tsp of Dried Oregano-divided.
- You need 2 tsp of Poultry Seasoning-divided.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
- You need 1 of Equipment-grater/aluminum foil/large baking pan/couple large bowls/peeler/strainer/.
The most tender and juicy chicken ever, and so easy and full of flavor! When it comes to baked chicken, I wrote the book. Incredibly flavorful and juicy Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken is low-carb, gluten-free and takes MINUTES to prepare. Sit back and relax while it cooks!
Baked Lemon Chicken & Roasted Veggies step by step
- Put strainer over large mixing bowl and juice 3 large lemons..
- Add Tbsp. lemon olive oil, 2 Tbsp rosemary, 1 Tbsp thyme, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp poultry seasoning, salt & pepper (tsp each) or to taste..
- Soak greenbeans, potatoes,carrots,and onions in juice mixture, then transfer to large baking pan..
- Add the juice of 2 more large lemons to the remaining juice mixture, then add the vegetable oil and the remaining thyme, oregano, poultry seasoning, also add the minced garlic, and a bit more salt and a full Tbsp pepper. Stir..
- Rinse chicken quarters, then soak in juice mixture. Fill the skin pocket as much as possible, then put atop the bean/carrot/potatoes..
- Place 3 tsp. butter under the skin of each chicken. Zest 1 lemon and sprinkle over veggies and chicken, then slice 1 lemon and put a slice on each chicken quarter..
- Put foil covered chicken in oven @375 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven, drain excess chicken fat/juice. Put back in oven without foil for 30-45 min @ 425°F to crisp skin. Check every 15 min. for the last part..
- Check internal temperature to make sure fully cooked. Insert thermometer near thigh/leg joint. Don't hit bone, you want no less than 165°F..
- Enjoy! Let me know how you like it!.
This Lemon Pepper Chicken from Delish.com will make you excited for chicken again. If you throw chicken into a pan with salt and pepper and bake it for forever, of course it's going to be terrible. How to bake juicy and tender chicken in the oven. Jump to the Lemon Garlic Baked Chicken Breasts Recipe or watch our quick recipe video to see how we make it. Lemon-and-Garlic Baked Chicken Thighs. © Todd Porter & Diane Cu.