You can cook Sabudana Thalipeeth using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sabudana Thalipeeth
- It’s 1/2 cup of sabudana / sago.
- It’s 3/4 cup of water for soaking.
- It’s 2 of potatoes boiled and peeled.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water chest nut flour /singhara flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of peanuts roasted, deskinned and coarsely crushed.
- It’s 2 of green chillies finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of coriander leaves finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of jeera / cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of rock salt or to taste.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ghee for roasting each thalipeeth.
Sabudana Thalipeeth step by step
- Wash and soak sabudana in enough water for overnight or atleast 7 hours..
- Next day mash between your fingers and check if they are soaked well..
- Take a large mixing bowl or a plate and add all ingredients except ghee..
- Mix everything very well with your palms to make a make a non-sticky dough..
- Now take a big lemon sized ball of dough and start patting greased plastic sheet or a banana leaf..
- Pat with your fingers as thinly as possible. Keep pressing the edges to avoid cracks..
- Make a hole in centre so that thalipeeth can absorb ghee and cook fast..
- Grease a non stick pan with ghee..
- Now hold the sheet and invert on your palms and Peel off the sheet slowly without breaking thalipeeth..
- Gently put the ready thalipeeth on the ghee smeared pan and cook on medium flame..
- Flip over and cook on both the sides..
- Take them out and serve the thalipeeth hot with falahari mint coriander chutney or curd.