Double cooked eggplant in tomato sauce.
You can cook Double cooked eggplant in tomato sauce using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Double cooked eggplant in tomato sauce
- You need 2 of medium eggplants.
- You need 1 of small onion chopped.
- Prepare 3-4 cloves of garlic sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 of allspice balls.
- Prepare 3-4 tbs of oil I like olive oil always.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of granulated sugar.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 can of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1-2 of fresh Basil leafs.
Double cooked eggplant in tomato sauce step by step
- First take the 2 eggplants and slice them length wise and put them in a bowl coat them with salt to prevent them from loosing there colour.
- Now bbq the eggplants at high heat till they get some colour on both sides.
- Now add in a large skillet the onion basil garlic oil bay leaf and sauté till golden.
- Turn the heat low add the crashed tomatoes and sugar,the sugar will help for the tomato not to be very zesty.
- Cook like that for about 15 minutes at low heat and than add the eggplants and cook at low heat for another 20 minutes.
- Enjoy καλή όρεξη.