Brad's eggplant au gratin. This EGGPLANT GRATIN or Aubergine Gratin makes a crowd-pleasing side dish! Tender eggplant is smothered with a fingerlickin tomato cream sauce, topped with Gruyere I first made Eggplant Au Gratin for my husband's birthday and everyone absolutely loved it. As a matter of fact, what not love?
Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Saute in oil until golden brown. This was the greatest eggplant recipe that we have tried in a long time. You can have Brad's eggplant au gratin using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's eggplant au gratin
- It’s 1 of lg eggplant.
- It’s 8-12 slices of swiss cheese.
- It’s of Garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- It’s 2 cups of half and half.
- You need 2 tbs of flour.
- Prepare of Bread crumbs.
I did salt the eggplant for an hour to pull out more water but everything else was the same and it turned out GREAT! Eggplant Au Gratin. #Eggplant #AuGratin #EggplantAuGratin #Vegetable A delicious eggplant recipe, not a real Au Gratin recipe but something healthier no cheese and flour in. Look no further than the eggplant gratin for a go-to side that's as easy to whip up as it is versatile, pairing well with just about every protein. Staples like lemon, garlic, thyme and good-quality olive oil are all you need to enhance the flavors of already-delicious eggplant and tomatoes.
Brad's eggplant au gratin step by step
- Slice eggplant very thin..
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- Lay eggplant in pan in layers. Between each layer, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Also lay down 4 slices of cheese..
- Continue until all eggplant is used..
- Mix flour with cold half and half. Pour over the top of casserole. Shake a little to work out air bubbles between layers..
- Top lightly with bread crumbs..
- Bake at 375 around 20-25 minutes. Remove when top gets nice and browned..
- Let rest a couple minutes. Serve and enjoy..
Eggplant, mushrooms, lemon juice, milk, black pepper, red hot pepper sauce, bread crumbs, salt, butter, all-purpose flour, heavy whipping cream, nutmeg, eggs, parmesan cheese. On each eggplant slice, lay a zucchini slice, a pepper strip and a basil leaf. Add the chopped eggplant and cook over low-medium heat, just below simmering point, for one hour or until the eggplant is completely soft and the sauce has reduced to a slightly runny chutney-style consistency. Eggplant is a vegetable that is appreciated for its dietary properties; it contains a large amount of water and adequate levels of potassium. It is a vegetable with many nutritional qualities and is energetic, but has a special flavor that gives a special touch that usually attract many palates.