Smothered Beef Burritos.
You can cook Smothered Beef Burritos using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smothered Beef Burritos
- It’s 1 of package of flour tortillas.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 cup of diced white onion.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese, divided.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped green onion.
- You need 1 of package of sour cream.
- It’s 1 of package of taco seasoning.
- You need 1 of garlic salt to taste.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of tablespoons of chili powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 of Can of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 cup of Beef broth.
- You need 2 of teaspoons of cumin or to taste ( I like lots).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 of seasoned salt to taste.
Smothered Beef Burritos step by step
- Brown hamburger in saucepan adding the diced white onion then the taco seasoning and any additional salt. Taste as you go, add salt last..
- Set hamburger aside, cover and keep in warm over (not over 250°).
- Using the same hamburger pan heat olive oil on low-med heat. Add chili powder and flour wishing constantly for 1 minute..
- Add beef broth and tomato sauce and bring to a simmer..
- Add seasonings and simmer for 10 -15 minutes, sauce will reduce and thicken..
- Turn burner on high and fire roast the flour tortillas for a few seconds or till speckled (not too burnt) TIP: for electric stoves move the tortilla around on the burner quickly to heat it evenly and speckle it..
- Place hamburger and some cheese in tortilla, fold in ends and roll nice and snug..
- Smother with the sauce, sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese, top with cilantro, green onions, even shredded lettuce if you want then sour cream..