🍁Sausage and butternut squash rice skillet🍁. In a large skillet with a lid, heat the olive oil, two turns of the pan, over medium-high. Add the sausage and cook, breaking into large pieces with the back of a. Butternut squash, Italian sausage, veggies, herbs and cheese come together in this delicious Sausage and Butternut Squash Skillet.
After allowing squash to cool, cut it in half lengthwise, seed, quarter and peel it. Butternut Squash, Sausage and Sage are a match made for pasta. Butternut squash, sweet italian sausage, sage, a little cream are a delicious and savory combination. You can have 🍁Sausage and butternut squash rice skillet🍁 using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 🍁Sausage and butternut squash rice skillet🍁
- It’s 3 of sweet italian sausage, casing removed.
- You need 2.5 cups of cooked herbed rice (see notes for my quickie recipe).
- Prepare 1.5 cups of butternut squash, diced medium-small.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of mozz/white cheddar mix shredded cheese.
- You need 1 sprig of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 2 leaves of sage, chopped into thin strips.
Remove the sausage from its casing and add to the skillet with a little oil, breaking it up into bite size pieces with the back. The spicy sausage in this quick skillet dish gives it a kick, and the sliced apples are a pleasant, tart surprise. This butternut squash risotto recipe is a savory dinner that's loaded with veggies and bits of sausage, all cooked together in the slow cooker. If you haven't, you are in for a real treat.
🍁Sausage and butternut squash rice skillet🍁 step by step
- In oven proof skillet, cook sausage breaking it up as you cook..
- Add the onions and garlic and let cook until onions are translucent then pour in your white wine. Cook 3-5 min.
- Add the diced butternut squash. Cook for 5-8 min or so.
- Add your herbs and salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Add the rice to the skillet and mix everything and let cook together for 3 min.
- Top the skillet with cheese and bake in 400°F for 20 min or until butternut squash is cooked through (that's why it's important its diced medium-small AND you've taken the time above to cook the squash a bit… it will finish through in the oven).
- QUICKIE RICE: in a pot bring to boil 1 cup long grain rice (or wild rice) with 1 chicken bouillon cube, dried basil, oregano and thyme..
Risotto refers to an Italian method of cooking rice in broth until it's super creamy and flavorful. My husband and I liked this very much but none of my kids did. This is great with the right sausage and easy to make! Slow-Cooked Pork Loin in Spicy Butternut Squash Sauce. Stir in juice and season; return chicken to pan.