Easy Braised "Teriyaki" Chicken. This Easy Teriyaki Chicken Recipe tastes better than takeout. Teriyaki Chicken is a quick and simple dinner. Serve it over buttery rice with broccoli.
If you're craving for plate of "mall food court" chicken teriyaki, then you're going to love this Easy Teriyaki Chicken. The sauce is thickened by the sugars caramelizing, and allows it to coat the meat nicely without being heavy. The beauty of Teriyaki Chicken is in its simplicity. You can cook Easy Braised "Teriyaki" Chicken using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Braised "Teriyaki" Chicken
- It’s 3 pounds of chicken wings, drums or thighs, patted dry and seasoned with 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 of an onion, cut into 1/4-inch wide pieces.
- It’s 6 of thin slices of fresh ginger root (about 1/8-inch thick) or 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger powder.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of + 2 Tablespoons soy sauce.
- It’s 2/3 cup of rice wine (you can use sake or a semi-dry white wine).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of + 2 Tablespoons sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 of chopped green onion for garnish.
Chicken breasts marinated in teriyaki sauce, lemon, garlic, and sesame oil, then grilled to a tasty finish. Very easy and great for a hot summer's evening. Teriyaki Chicken is the most popular chicken recipes in Japanese cuisine. Even though it originated from Japan, it has become an American staple that There are many Japanese teriyaki chicken recipes.
Easy Braised "Teriyaki" Chicken step by step
- Put all the ingredients into a 4 or 5 quart Dutch oven or a large, deep saute pan, with the chicken skin side down. Bring to a gentle boil, covered, over medium heat..
- Once it comes to a gentle boil, let it stay there for about 2 minutes. Give the chicken a gentle stir or two to redistribute the ingredients then turn the heat down to medium low and simmer, lid askew for another 25 to 30 minutes, flipping the pieces of chicken mid way so the skin side is up..
- 15 minutes before the braise is over, preheat your oven broiler so you can brown and caramelize the chicken skin. Once the braise time is up, put the chicken about 6 inches under the broiler for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on how brown you want the skin, but making sure to check at 3 minutes. I say this all the time, but things can go from perfectly caramelized to horribly burnt in a matter of seconds under the broiler..
- NOTE FOR STEP 3: If you have one of those broiler drawers under the oven, preheat the oven to 500F instead and place the pot so that the food is 6 inches under the top heat element. Probably the second rack in the oven..
- Transfer the chicken to a serving dish (or serve it in the pot in which you cooked it), garnish with chopped green onions and serve with steamed rice and a salad of choice..
- Enjoy! :).
What I am sharing with you is a super easy and quick homemade recipe with simple steps. Classic Chicken Teriyaki prepared in the authentic Japanese cooking method. Juicy and tender chicken is glazed in a flavorful homemade teriyaki It's quick, easy, and all you need is a reliable frying pan. When you cook the chicken, remember to start with the skin-side down and let it crisp up. Chicken Dinner Main Dish Asian Japanese Healthy Soy Sauce Vegetable Oil Ginger Chicken Breast Chicken Thighs Honey Scallions Weeknight Dinner Easy.