Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom). Super Easy Lor Mai Gai Recipe Rice with Chicken) and its main ingredients are only glutinous rice, chicken and mushrooms. The ginger juice seasoning for the chicken and boiling of the mushrooms with the special marinade Loh Mai Kai is normally served in a small bowl or wrapped in lotus leaves.
Add some fried shallots and mushroom slices, a few slices of Chinese sausages and seasoned chicken and pork slices. Fill up with glutinous rice and press down with a ladle. Turn over the rice bowl onto a plate and serve Loh Mai Kai. easy lo mai gai glutinous rice chicken. You can have Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom) using 27 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom)
- You need 2 cups of glutinous rice.
- You need 2 of boneless thighs.
- You need 6 of Chinese mushrooms.
- You need 1 of lapcheong (Chinese sausage).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of oil.
- You need 1 of egg (optional).
- You need of Glutinous Rice Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dark soy sauce.
- You need 2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoons of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of fried shallot oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of white pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of water x2.
- You need of Chicken Marinade.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Chinese cookong wine.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ginger juice.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of light soya sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dark soya sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of 5 spice powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Some recipes require cooking the glutinous rice first, then steam the rice after assembling the cooked rice with chicken and other ingredients. Place chicken, mushrooms, shrimps and lap cheong into the pot of your rice cooker or a large non-stick cooking pot. Lo Mai Gai is the transliteration of 糯米鸡 in Cantonese, which means steamed glutinous rice with In Hong Kong, you will be served with the glutinous rice and chicken wrapped in lotus leaves. Chinese Steamed Glutinous Rice with Chicken, Lor Mai Kai, 糯米鸡.
Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom) step by step
- Rinse and soak glutinous rice for at least 6 hours, then drain. (Note: This helps to soften the rice).
- Marinate chicken, soak mushrooms. Slice mushrooms and lapcheong to stir fry in garlic and oil..
- Boil egg and slice into 6 wedges. Stir fry chicken with marinade..
- Heat up oil in pan to fry the glutinous rice in seasoning and 1/2 cup of water till fragrant. Add the other 1/2 cup of water at the end to stand for a bit..
- Put some chicken, mushrooms, lapcheong and an egg wedge into each bowl. Then add glutinous rice. Place bowls into steamer..
- Pour leftover sauce from chicken into each bowl and steaming for about 30 minutes. Topple bowl contents onto a plate to serve..
While this glutinous rice dish always uses chicken, the vegetarian version is quite popular too. Lo Mai Kai is basically steamed glutinous rice with chicken (but here I chose to use pork, hence I call it Lo Mai Fan), mushrooms, dried shrimps, lup cheong I use little metal bowls because the Lo Mai Fan can be made in them and they can then be steamed, and kept frozen and re-heated when needed. Meanwhile, brush some oil in the small bowls and place in chicken meat, mushroom and Chinese Invert Lo Mai Kai onto small plate and serve immediately. Lo Mai Gai (糯米雞) is a savoury steamed glutinous rice dish which are commonly found in dim sum restaurants. Heat up the wok, add in some olive oil and fry the shallots until golden brown..