You can have Buckeye Pie using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buckeye Pie
- It’s 20 of oreos, crushed.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter, melted.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter, room temp.
- Prepare 1 2/3 cup of creamy peanut butter.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- It’s 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
Buckeye Pie step by step
- Combine Oreos with melted butter, stir until all crumbs are moistened. Press and shape into pie dish.
- Combine room temp butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla. Stir until smooth and creamy. Spread mixture over pie crust and place dish in freezer while you make ganache..
- Place chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, heat heavy cream until it begins to simmer. Pour over chocolate and let sit 5 minutes before stirring until smooth..
- Pour ganache over peanut butter and smooth. Refrigerate until set, about one hour..