Welsh Rarebit No. 1.
You can cook Welsh Rarebit No. 1 using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Welsh Rarebit No. 1
- Prepare 2 of small eggs or 1 large egg.
- It’s 2 of heaping teaspoons dry mustard.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper.
- You need 1 pint of beer or ale at room temperature not cold.
- Prepare 2 pounds of cream cheese.
- It’s of Paprika.
Welsh Rarebit No. 1 instructions
- Beat eggs add dry mustard pepper blend well..
- Fill lower part of chafing dish with boiling water and continue boiling..
- Cut cheese in small pieces add to chafing dish and stir with large spoon..
- When cheese is partly Melted slowly add beer in small quantities stirring constantly and vigorously until smooth and of right consistency.
- Add seasoning serve immediately on crisp crackers and dash of paprika..
- The secret of Welsh rarebit is that it be cooked quickly over hot flame in double boiler with water constantly boiling..
- The mixture must be stirred constantly..