Teriyaki tofu scramble. I'm turning the tables, stepping out of the kitchen, and shining the light on my dad as he makes my Island Teriyaki Tofu Scramble recipe for the first time! This fun spin on traditional tofu scramble carries a punch of savory Island teriyaki flavor. Island Teriyaki works for this recipe too!
If you like eating relatively "clean". Here is a very simple, fast. Tofu scramble is a delicious vegan breakfast that's loaded with plant-based protein and vegetables. You can have Teriyaki tofu scramble using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Teriyaki tofu scramble
- Prepare 400 g of firm tofu, drained.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- You need 3 tbsp of premade teriyaki sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
Choosing the right type of tofu is key to achieving a tender scrambled eggs consistency. Teriyaki tofu is the ultimate tofu dish made with tofu cut into cubes, dredged in cornstarch, and then fried in a pan for maximum crispiness. A homemade teriyaki sauce finishes this teriyaki tofu and is. This pan-fried Teriyaki Tofu is incredibly flavorful, and fun to serve as an appetizer, side dish, or even the main dish.
Teriyaki tofu scramble instructions
- Heat oil on medium heat. Stir in minced garlic for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add the garlic, pepper, and chilli powder..
- Add in tofu. Using the back of your spatula break the tofu just like when you make scrambled egg..
- Add in onion. Cook until translucent. Stir in the sauces..
- Cook the tofu until its lightly browned. Serve hot!.
Scrambled tofu has a similar texture to scrambled eggs, is just as versatile, and is infinitely customizable. Stir and toss the vegetables until crisp-tender, then add the reserved tofu and remaining teriyaki sauce to the wok. Crispy Teriyaki Tofu Tacos. with jalapeño. Crispy fried tofu makes for a perfect morsel, topped with a fiery pineapple slaw that brings the heat and sweet in. If you miss scrambled eggs, this one's for you.