Chicken teriyaki. This Easy Teriyaki Chicken Recipe tastes better than takeout. Teriyaki Chicken is a quick and simple dinner. Classic Chicken Teriyaki prepared in the authentic Japanese cooking method.
Teriyaki is derived from the Japanese root words teri, to shine, and yaki, to broil or grill That's the That's the way traditional teriyaki looks: shiny and incised with grill marks. In Japan, teriyaki is a mix. Although the name "Teriyaki" is relatively recent nomenclature, the practice of cooking meat and fish in a mixture of soy sauce and sugar has a long history going back. You can have Chicken teriyaki using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken teriyaki
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of Chicken breast.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of soy.
- It’s 3 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of white sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of white vinegar.
- You need 1 of minced garlic.
- It’s of Green onion (optional).
- It’s of Sesame seeds (optional).
- It’s of Sushi rice (optional).
Chicken Teriyaki (鳥照り焼き ) or Teriyaki Chicken is a Japanese dish that uses a cooking technique called Teriyaki. With this technique, the foods are coated with a glaze of soy sauce. Delish.com brings you the only chicken teriyaki recipe you will ever need: It's so much faster and We use chicken breasts here for ease, but you can substitute with any other type of protein: dark. Teriyaki Chicken is a very popular Japanese dish and is so easy to make.
Chicken teriyaki instructions
- Cook chopped chicken breast with vegetable oil in pan.
- Mix honey, soy, sugar, vinegar, and garlic.
- In a separate pan heat the sauce till it starts to bubble.
- Add chicken and mix with sauce on low heat till well coated.
- Add chopped green onion and cook for 30 seconds.
- Plate and add sesame seeds.
- If you please you can cook rice and serve with it.
The sauce is just a mixture of soy sauce, sake, mirin and sugar. Just sauté the chicken and cook in the sauce (DO NOT marinate. Marinate the chicken in teriyaki sauce in the refrigerator for at least an hour. In a wok or deep skillet, add the chicken in the teriyaki marinade and cook thoroughly over high heat. This slow cooker teriyaki chicken recipe always goes over big with my family.