You can cook Sukka Chicken using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sukka Chicken
- You need 1 kg of chicken.
- You need 2 cups of grated coconut.
- You need 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of Malvani masala/chicken masala.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of asafoetida/hing.
- Prepare Handful of coriander leaves.
- You need 1 of tomato finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of onions roughly chopped.
- You need 1 inch of ginger.
- It’s 2/3 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
- You need of Oil as required.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s of Chicken marination.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of yogurt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
Sukka Chicken step by step
- Dry roast coconut keep aside. Heat 1 teaspoon oil add onions, ginger and garlic. Fry until light brown add garam masala fry and add little coriander fry for less than a minute. Off the stove and let it cool down.
- Marinate chicken with yogurt and salt. Keep aside.
- Add the roasted coconut and onion mix to the blender and grind well a bit of a water if required.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoon oil add asafoetida/hing, bay leaves, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Add the coconut onion mix and let it cook. Then add salt as required with red chilli powder, turmeric and malvani masala. Cool well..
- Finally add the marinated chicken, tomato, mix well. Add little water and let it cook. If cooking in pressure cooker 1 whistle should be enough. Serve with chapati or as a starter..