Smoked BBQ Beans. In this video I show you how I prepare some homemade BBQ beans and smoke them in a Weber Smokey Mountain. The recipe itself comes from a recipe of Mike. Old School Barbecue Baked Beans – this simple recipe uses pork & beans and gets smoked on a BBQ Pit for hours to get that sweet, smoky flavor.
Make this BBQ baked beans recipe from dried or canned beans. An essential side dish to all things summer, BBQ baked beans are a perfect accompaniment to picnics, cookouts, BBQs, or camping! Make the most out of your leftover brisket! You can cook Smoked BBQ Beans using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoked BBQ Beans
- It’s 7 slices of thick cut peppered bacon (cut in 1/2).
- Prepare 1/2 of large yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 3-4 of large jalapeños, diced.
- You need 81 oz of (1 lg can and 1 med can) Pork & Beans.
- Prepare 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (I use Famous Dave’s).
- You need 2/3 cup of dark brown sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of Apple cider vinegar.
- You need 3 tbs of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 3 tbs of dark molasses.
These beans are easy to make and pack serious flavor! Step up your next cookout with this recipe for the ultimate BBQ baked beans featuring a kiss of Bourbon. This will arguably result in the best baked beans you've ever had, certain to wow your guests. Smoke more than just meat in your drum cooker.
Smoked BBQ Beans instructions
- First and foremost, prepare your smoker and bring to a solid 250°. Add several soaked chunks of your favorite hardwood, I find apple to be the best all-around smoking..
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon pieces for 2 to 3 minutes per side, long enough to render fat, but not long enough to crisp thoroughly. Remove the bacon to a plate with a paper towel..
- In the leftover bacon grease, add the onions and jalapeños and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently until they have softened and the onions are slightly translucent..
- After onions and jalapeños are ready, add the cans of pork and beans (liquid and all) into the skillet. Add in the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, cider vinegar, mustard, and molasses. Stir to combine. Place the slices of bacon on top of the beans..
- Place skillet on smoker grate and cook uncovered for about 3 hours. Beans should be pretty thick by about that time. Remove from the smoker and serve well hot..
Try these sweet and salty baked beans with bacon Barrel Beans. Take this recipe to the next level! Use these must-have accessories to get a perfect. Place the pan of beans directly below the pork, to. I would like to add smoked BBQ Beans to the menu.