Tortang Talong(Eggplant Omelette). Preparation Preheat the broiler. tortang talong, torta, talong, tortang, eggplant, filipino torta, filipino eggplant omelette, eggplant omelette, omelette, filipino omelette This video is not sponsored. Get this recipe for Tortang Talong or Eggplant Omelette with ground pork for a hearty Filipino breakfast! Omit the pork and make it vegetarian!
For this reason, it's the most common variation of the torta (omelette-style dish) and a staple dish. Growing up, I never knew this food as tortang talong. I called it eggplant omelet, because really, that's all it is. You can have Tortang Talong(Eggplant Omelette) using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tortang Talong(Eggplant Omelette)
- Prepare 4 pcs of eggplant.
- Prepare 2 of medium size egg.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Cooking oil.
- Prepare of Pepper.
In fact, I still call it eggplant omelet. Just like I called menudo "the one with raisins," and kare-kare "peanut butter stuff." Community Recipe: Tortang Talong (Eggplant Omelette). This Community Recipe was uploaded by the user kellysiew. First we'll need to char the eggplant.
Tortang Talong(Eggplant Omelette) instructions
- Grill the eggplant.
- After, peel off the skin (I like to peel it off while it's hot soaked in cool water).
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, put salt and pepper to taste..
- Add the eggplant. Press it firmly with fork to coat the egg evenly..
- Now, add cooking oil in the pan. Wait till it's hot enough to fry the eggplant. When frying wait till it turn brown then you can turn it over..
- Serve it with your own sauce. (Ketchup or soysauce with onions and tomatoes).
There are few ways of doing this. You can either grill it over the stove top until all the surface area is charred, then cool the eggplant, and peel. Tortang talong, also known as eggplant omelette, is a Filipino omelette made by pan-frying grilled whole eggplants dipped in an egg mixture. It is a popular breakfast and lunch meal in the Philippines. A common variant of tortang talong is rellenong talong, which is stuffed with meat, seafood.