Brad's seafood in white wine and garlic reduction. Winter is a tough time for those who like fresh fish, but this delicious seafood over pasta dish is sure to put a warm smile on your face no matter how hard. Jump to the Seafood Stew Recipe with White Wine, Garlic and Fennel or read on to see our tips for making it. For the stew, we use the stock as a base then add lightly seared cod, onions, fennel, garlic and shellfish.
Please feel free to use any white wine you like. I happened to have a nice bottle of sauvignon blanc on hand, and In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. You can have Brad's seafood in white wine and garlic reduction using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's seafood in white wine and garlic reduction
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 1/2 of LG sweet onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of LG Anaheim pepper, julienned.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of jumbo prawns, deshelled and deveined.
- You need 1 lb of steamer clams.
- Prepare 1 lb of mussels.
- It’s 1 tbs of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 2 tbs of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil.
Prawns and mussels cooked in white wine and chilli served up with squid ink pasta. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the garlic, chilli and tomato for one minute. Add the wine and cook until the sauce has reduced by half. Pairing wine with seafood isn't a difficult task.
Brad's seafood in white wine and garlic reduction step by step
- In a wok heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and pepper. Sauté until onion just starts to brown..
- Add wine, vinegar, garlic, seasonings, cilantro, and basil. Simmer until it reduces by a third..
- If clams and mussels are fresh, add them first. And cook 2 minutes. Then add prawns and cook 3 more. If they are pre steamed, add all seafood and cook 3 minutes..
- Put a helping of seafood in a bowl and spoon reduction over the top. Serve with garlic toast to sop up juice..
Think in terms of weight and substance—delicate raw fish and light, briny shellfish go best with equally White-fleshed fish in a butter-based sauce is a good opportunity to drink white Burgundy, made from Chardonnay. I learned the art of wine reduction from a cooking class.the flavor is fabulous! Despite the fancy title, pan-fried scallops are easy to prepare. Add wine to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in the orange juice, onion, oregano, mustard and garlic.