Spinach Stir Fry (Methi).
You can cook Spinach Stir Fry (Methi) using 14 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spinach Stir Fry (Methi)
- It’s 1 tablespoon of raw peanuts.
- You need 3 tablespoons of oil.
- You need 250 g of finely chopped spinach leaves.
- Prepare of Salt as per taste.
- You need Pinch of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of finely chopped onions.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of peeled and diced potatoes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ginger.
- You need of or.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
Spinach Stir Fry (Methi) step by step
- Heat an empty small pan.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of raw peanuts and dry roast.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan.
- Add in 1/2 cup of chopped onions and sauté till it gets translucent.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of minced ginger and 1 teaspoon of minced garlic OR 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell fades away.
- Add in the roasted peanuts and mix well.
- Add in 1/4 cup of peeled and diced potatoes. (I haven’t added potatoes here. Because I didn’t have any ??).
- Cook and cover till the potatoes are tender.
- Add in 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- If the mixture is getting too dry, add in a tablespoon of water (ONLY).
- Add in salt as per taste.
- Add in chopped spinach leaves. (Here I’m using readymade cubes).
- Cover and cook till the spinach is cooked well. (Do not add any more water. The spinach will release water by itself).
- When the spinach is cooked, turn off the flame and add in a pinch of sugar and mix well..
- Serve hot with chappatis (Indian flat bread) (check out my recipe for Chappatis).
- Can be served as a side dish with dal and steamed rice. (Check out my recipe for Dal).
- Enjoy ???.