Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies. We're still using plenty of dark. These Chocolate Chunk Cookies have both White and Dark Chocolate in them for a cookies and cream effect. They're quick and easy to make, and no chilling is required!
The main difference is that I've added chunks of chocolate to the batter instead of regular chocolate chips. For the chocolate chunks, you can buy them or you can cut up your favorite dark. These dark chocolate chunk cookies are half the fat of other chocolate chip cookies, but have the same great taste! You can have Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- It’s 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg (substitute meringue powder if you don’t have eggs).
- You need 6 of bite size Dove dark chocolate (cut into quarters).
- You need Pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare Dash of baking soda.
- Prepare Tbsp of vanilla extract (water if you use meringue).
These chocolate chunk cookies are made using brown butter and chunks of milk chocolate. Browning the butter is an extra step, but so worth it You know what happens when you use chunks of chocolate bars instead of chocolate chips in cookies? Why Chocolate Chunk Cookies Taste so. These are everything a chocolate chip cookie should be.
Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixer, cream together sugar and room temperature butter.
- Add egg or meringue substitute, then add pinch of salt, dash of baking soda, and flour until combined (add 1 tbsp of water or vanilla).
- Add chocolate chunks and lightly mix.
- Bake for 12 minutes! Enjoy warm..
How to make The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever (how to make easy cookies from scratch). As you can see from the photos, sometimes I use chocolate chunks, chopped chocolate, or chocolate chips. I used high quality dark chocolate for these Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies, which makes a HUGE difference. Seriously, splurge on the good stuff if you can. Tender, puffy, and fudgy with perfectly crisp edges — these chocolate chunk cookies taste better than Toll House and are more reliable.