Fish cake with Cabbage wrapper and Satay sauce. Pan fried fishcake, rolled in cabbage wrapper and dip it to a yummy peanut sauce. This is a basic Satay Sauce made with coconut milk and peanut butter – Its wonderful! This Satay sauce is so good that it's so close to the one in the Thai place I eat atand the flavors are just irrestible that this sauce is excellent with Thai Satay of chicken or Beef It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Thai Fish Cakes – This popular Thai restaurant favourite is so easy to make at home! Very simple Thai Street Food recipe, quick and easy to make! But THAI Fish Cakes are FABULOUS! You can cook Fish cake with Cabbage wrapper and Satay sauce using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fish cake with Cabbage wrapper and Satay sauce
- You need 500 gr of white fish fillet (i am using the Basa fish fillet).
- It’s 2 tbsp of tapioca starch.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of red curry paste.
- Prepare 1 stalk of spring onion.
- It’s 1 stalk of coriander with the root.
- You need 1/4 of cabbage.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of peanut butter.
- It’s 250 ml of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of tamarind paste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown onion (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of crushed peanut.
Satay Chicken with Crispy NoodlesRecipesPlus. satay sauce, red pepper, coconut milk, onion, lemon juice, boneless skinless chicken thighs Chinese Chicken-Cabbage Salad with Peanut SauceMyRecipes. Recipe: Fish Tacos with Quick Cabbage Slaw. Shallow fry fish cakes in batches in hot oil until browned on both sides and cooked through. Serve the fish cakes with the cabbage salad and extra sweet chili sauce if desired.
Fish cake with Cabbage wrapper and Satay sauce step by step
- Blend diced fish, eggs, garlic, and red curry paste until smooth, add tapioca starch, spring onion, coriander, chicken powder and salt to taste.
- Shape to 1cm thick round flat cake with hand. Smear some oil to your hand before you grab the fish cake mixture..
- Heat a nonstick pan, pour little oil, cook the fish cake on medium heat until brown. It normally takes about 15 minutes to cook or the fish cake becomes puffy when it is cooked..
- Blanch the cabbage leaf, don't forget to remove the stalk or you will find it difficult to roll them later..
- In the hot saucepan, add oil, and then sautee the onions until brown. Add peanut butter, water, tamarind paste then turn to low heat to thicken the sauce. Add in crushed peanut, sweet soy sauce and salt to taste, set aside..
- Tear fish cake into pieces, wrap it with the blanched cabbage leaf and dip it into peanut sauce. Yummy!.
Satay is usually accompanied by a satay sauce, also known as the peanut sauce. Commonly, meat used for satay is chicken and beef. Fish cakes are my favourite way to make use of leftover mashed potatoes post holiday meal. If your potatoes have cream or milk added, you might just When shimmering hot, add several fish cakes – you'll need to cook them in a few batches to avoid over-crowding the pan. You have to try these delicious Thai Fish Cakes with Vegetable Ribbons!