Baked Korean Chicken Wings. It will make a perfect appetizer for your next gathering! It's marinated with addictively spicy Korean chili sauce! There are many ways you can enjoy chicken in a Korean way and in my mind today's baked Korean style chicken wings is one of the easiest.
These sweet and spicy baked Korean chicken wings will quickly become a favorite for all of your gatherings! Korean chicken wings spice rubbed then baked until crispy and smothered in the most irresistible savory, sweet, spicy, sticky sauce! These Korean Chicken Wings are utterly addicting and way easier. You can have Baked Korean Chicken Wings using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Korean Chicken Wings
- You need 1 kg of chicken wings.
- You need 250 ml of whole milk.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of dried rosemary leaves.
- It’s of toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions for garnish.
- Prepare of Sauce ingredients: (mix together in a bowl).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of gochugaru (Korean chili flakes).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of gochujang (Korean chili paste).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of rice vinegar.
- You need 1 Tbsp of minced garlics.
These Korean-flavored chicken wings are oven baked, not fried, yet finger-licking delicious! This time, I oven baked chicken wings two different flavors – spicy and savory. They were so finger-licking delicious that my friends asked for my recipes. An oven-baked Korean chicken wings recipe that will satisfy your need for intense flavor and crunchy texture – but doesn't rely on the fryer to get you there!
Baked Korean Chicken Wings step by step
- In a big bowl, mix together chicken wings, milk, salt, black pepper powder, and rosemary leaves..
- Cover the bowl and leave it in the fridge for about 20 minutes. Drain off the milk (leave the rosemary residue on the chicken as it will spread nice aroma once it’s baked)..
- Put the chicken and the sauce in a large zipper lock bag. Seal the bag. Shake and massage the chicken so that the sauce smears well into the chicken. Put it in the fridge for at least 4 hours..
- Place the chicken on an oven tray lined with parchment paper or a silicon mat. Make sure they’re not stacked up on top of each other..
- Bake the chicken in a preheated 240 C/464 F oven for 10 minutes. Take out the tray. Turn over the chicken wings. Bake again for another 10 minutes..
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds and the green onions before serving. Yummy! 😋.
Consequently, using this method to make Korean chicken wings had to be avoided if possible. You see, whenever I have to deep-fry foods I. Is it weird to talk about chicken wings when you are all alone at home? But these Korean baked gochujang chicken wings were purely recipe testing. And more testing till I couldn't eat any more chicken wings all by myself.